GEORGIA GENERAL INDUSTRY
STORM WATER PERMIT CURRENT REQUIREMENTS
2016 ANNUAL REPORT – The 2016 Annual Report is due no later than January 31, 2016. The Annual Report form is available from the GA EPD website at: http://epd.georgia.gov/npdes-industrial-storm-water-general-permits
2012 SWP3 SMOKE/DYE TE
ST REQUIREMENT: As a reminder, the 2012 Stormwater Permit requires that a smoke or dye test be completed during the term of the permit which is scheduled to expire on MAY 31, 2017. Call SEI for a proposal to complete this requirement.
DRAFT 2017 PERMIT
FOR STORM WATER DISCHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY
The DRAFT 2017 replacement storm water permit is available on the GA EPD Website and we are in the process of analyzing the draft permit in detail. We have summarized below some significant changes to the requirements contained in the permit:
- Notice of Intent: A new, revised NOI must be submitted within 30-days of the effective date of the new permit.
- Control Measures: There are requirements for implementing very specific Control Measures and for documenting the implementation and effectiveness of the Control Measures.
- Employee Training: Detailed requirements for employee training that include specific topics and training for specific types of employees.
- eReporting Requirements: All forms must be submitted electronically as well as a summary of analytical results.
- Quarterly Observation Sampling: There are more specific requirements for documenting this permit activity.
- Monitoring: Sector Specific Benchmark monitoring continues to be required and a new term, Impaired Waters Benchmarks are established and require monitoring.
The DRAFT 2017 PERMIT will bring significant changes and we will be issue a detailed assessment of the changes required for the SWP3. We are available to provide a revised SWP3, the initial training, and a detailed assessment of the implementation of the required Control Measures. We also offer a continuous compliance program (CCP) to ensure that your facility maintains compliance with the Permit requirements.